Frequently Asked Questions
At Cedar & Stone Nordic Sauna want to support and serve you the best we can. Here are some of the most common questions we get asked. If you don’t see your question here, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
How can we help?
Sauna and Cold Plunge Experience FAQ'S
We are honored to be able to offer our Harborside Natural Cold Plunge to all of our guests.
- Natural Lake Superior Water
- Safe and Accessible Plunging
- Wood Fired Sauna Just Steps Away
- Beautiful Harbor Side Views
Our cold plunge is complete with 2 ladders for safe immersion and exit, a heated walkway down to the water to combat slippery walking conditions, room for up to 4 people to plunge at once, and a trained guide present for both education and encouragement.
In order to plunge with us you must be wearing some sort of footwear. You are welcome to bring your own pair of “water shoes” or we also have neoprene gloves and booties for rent.
Our Sauna Guides are professionally trained to answer any and all questions before, during, or after your plunge. Just like sauna, be sure you are hydrated before partaking.
We provide the highest quality sauna experiences with thoughtful Nordic design, wood-fired stove (built right here in Minnesota), and natural cold plunge.
We think of heat like many think about good food or wine.
We think in terms of quality.
And until you have had the best quality, you really don’t know what you are missing out on. In terms of quality, most gym or hotel saunas leave us feeling let down. If you like things that are done well, of the highest quality, and with attention to detail we know you will enjoy some time here at Cedar & Stone.
All of our experiences include:
- Showers and changing rooms
- Highest quality wood-fired sauna experience
- Trained sauna guide to help teach you the wellness benefits, how to, and history of sauna.
- Our natural cold plunge
- Local tea and water for enjoyment and hydration
- Fresh towels
- Time to rest, rejuvenate, and enjoy the many benefits of sauna
And many people have the best night of sleep they have had in months after a sauna session.
Our booking is done online via our website.
You can learn about all of our sessions here.
Then when you are ready just click the “book now” button on your page.
Our sessions have been booking up in advance so the sooner you book, the better your chance to secure your ideal time slot.
If you need any further support booking, please call us at any time and we would be happy to help.
Expect to work up a healthy sweat while in the sauna. Hydrating with plenty of water ahead of time will help your body make the most of this cleansing experience.
In order to join us for a session, you cannot be under the influence of any drugs or alcohol. That being said, we can send you into our restaurant partner to enjoy a beverage after your session.
Just a swimsuit. It is also a great idea to bring some sandals or flip flops, especially in the wintertime so you don’t freeze your toes on our Duluth snow. We will take care of the rest.
Some guests choose to bring a robe as well, but that is optional.
Fresh towels, showers, changing rooms, local tea, and more amenities to make you comfortable are all provided.
Many people only know sauna from their local gym or by the pool in the hotel. This usually looks like hopping into the sauna for a few minutes after their workout.
Yet, not many people know the full practice of sauna that includes hot, cold, rest, rehydrate, and repeat – the thermic cycle. This cycle is wherein we receive many of benefits from sauna, the stress relief, the wellness support, and more.
Sauna is so much more than just sitting in a hot room. Let us teach you how to sauna well, soaking up the heat and the cold for the full experience.
This process in our space is guided as much or as little as you like. If you are a sauna veteran who wants very little extra support, we will gladly give you the space to enjoy. If you are new, curious, and want someone to walk you through more of the process, we are happy to help.
- The sauna is an amazing place to disconnect from the noise of the outside world, take a digital detox, and focus on the beauty of the present moment.
- Be here now with your people, your self, your body, and your breath.
- This is mindfulness at its most basic, noticing and accepting what is without trying to change it.
- Breath work and Gentle Stretching
- You may also want to utilize some breath work during your cold cycle with slow and relaxed breaths.
- The heat in the sauna loosens our muscles and can be a great tool for releasing tension and pain from our musculoskeletal system.
- Extra Hydration
- To support the detoxification capabilities of sauna, make sure you hydrate plentifully 2 hours before and after your session.
- Enjoying freshly made juices, herbal tea, and water infused with slices of fruit are all good ways to replenish lost electrolytes from sweating.
Our Duluth Sauna Experience is open 5 days a week — Thursday through Monday — from 9am to 9pm
The health benefits of sauna really begin to set in when you regularly use sauna as a part of your wellness habits, in this way the benefits are cumulative.
Memberships are coming in 2023!
We offer both private and social sessions every week. When you look at our availability, you will be able to choose which type of session would serve you the best.
All private and social sessions include all of the same amenities like our natural cold plunge, aromatherapy, and towels. Just to name a few 🙂
As a local small business, serving you is important to us. Our cancellation policy helps us support you and our staff when changes need to be made.
We can accommodate rescheduling or cancellations 24 hours prior to your scheduled appointment. Within 24 hours cancellations are non-refundable.
Custom Built Saunas FAQ's
We build the best saunas in North America. We believe in building beautiful and functional saunas that are light on the planet and built to last.
At this time, All of our saunas are custom built and made to order with the clients’ needs and location in mind. We do plan to offer standardized models to make the process even easier for you to invest in you and your family’s well being.
We specialize in stand-alone outdoor Saunas that are wood-fired or electric. We can build the sauna on a trailer so that it is mobile or a more permanent structure. We build both for residential and commercial settings.
Want to build your own sauna? We are happy to help you source materials like a custom door or a beautiful stove. We also provide a custom consulting service for a more in depth support.
Learn more about our Sauna Made Simple consulting package here.
Want to learn more about a Cedar and Stone Sauna for your home or business? Click here to schedule a free 30 minute design call.
As a manufacturer, we are focused on outdoor saunas built here in Duluth, MN, delivered and installed on your property.
For in-home builds, we provide sauna design consultation and products to support you and your local craftspeople.
We also partner with our friends at AUROOM, to offer some prefabricated sauna kits as well. Shop our in-home sauna solutions here
Our Process to help you from sauna dreaming to regular stress relief is three simple steps.
STEP 1: DESIGN
- Custom designed for your space
- Flat rate to work with our design team ($495)
- We consult and discover your needs for a great sauna.
- You receive digital 3D renderings.
- No risk to you, design investment is rolled into the project budget when you are ready to build.
STEP 2: BUILD
- Sign our build contract, and pay initial deposit (50% of project cost) or begin financing.
- We will schedule your build into production.
- You will be updated by our team as the build progresses with photos and video of progress.
- Timelines are usually 12-16 weeks from deposit.
STEP 3: INSTALLATION
- Problem solving for unique locations and build challenges.
- We will work with you for any site prep needed.
- Our team delivers and installs your sauna so that you have the confidence it is done right.
Schedule a free 30 minute design call. We look forward to connecting with you.
Great question. How much is it worth to get rid of all your stress?
Investing in a sauna is investing in your wellness. Okay so how much does something like this cost?
As a custom builder the sky is the limit. Want a 15 person mobile Sauna with panoramic windows like we have here in Duluth? Great. That would be the 125k build. And it will be the size of a tiny home to live in if you need us to put a few bunks in there.
Most families invest with us like you might in a vehicle. Then it just depends on what vehicle you’d like. Perhaps the Lexus with more trim, amenities, and larger size. Those projects can be in the 65-75k range. Or maybe you want the Toyota? Smaller, basic features, and of course reliable. Those projects usually start around 35k. It just depends on what you need.
We’ll help you get there.
We would love to.
We are based in Duluth, MN and provide shipping and delivery throughout the U.S.A. and Canada.
Once we’ve completed design work with you, our usual lead time for projects is 12-16 weeks from the deposit.
We do. Our outdoor waterfall bucket showers are a joy to use, with a full deluge of water over your head to refresh and enjoy.
It sure can. We understand the desire to take the wellness practice of sauna on any adventure.